Recording vaccinations

When you or your child gets a vaccination, the person that gave it will send the details to the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR).

Any vaccination given in Australia since 1 January 1996 can be recorded on the AIR. Ask your doctor or vaccination provider to update your record.

If you get vaccinated while overseas, get a copy of the details and ask your GP or vaccination service provider to add it to the AIR.

Find out more about the AIR on the Services Australia website.

Accessing records

You can get your own or your child’s immunisation history statement from the AIR. You can access a statement:

  • using your myGov account – link your Medicare account to view or download the immunisation history statement
  • using the Medicare Express Plus App on a mobile or tablet
  • calling AIR on 1800 653 809, they can post you a statement, it may take up to 14 days
  • ask your GP to access the AIR and print an immunisation history statement.

If your child is 14 years or older, they’ll need their own myGov account to access their immunisation history statement.

You may need your child’s immunisation history statement when you enrol them at a childcare service. Check with the service to find out what their policy is.

Talk to your GP or other vaccination service provider if:

  • you can’t access your immunisation history statement
  • you aren’t sure what vaccinations you’ve had when living in another country
  • your vaccinations aren’t recorded on the AIR.

13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84)

To talk to a registered nurse about vaccinations call 13 Health.

Information in your language

Find out about getting help to translate or interpret our information on the Queensland Government website. You can also call the translating and interpreting service on 131 450.

Last updated: April 2023